Monday, February 27, 2012

The Lucky One, and The Hunger Games (Personal Addition)


The Lucky One, and The Hunger Games.

Two books I want to read, two movies I need to see. There has been so much buzz on The Hunger Games lately, and finally I had to ask. What are the "Hunger Games"! Turns out it is a book series, and soon to be a movie. After being told the plot -that two kids are chosen from different "districts" for an annual fight to the death- I have become so interested in reading these books! And I think it will make a great movie.

Last Friday night, I went out with a few friends to go see The Vow
at the theatre, and one of the trailers shown was for the movie The Lucky One, based on Nicholas Sparks' novel of the same name. So many good things about this. I love Nicholas Sparks. I love romantic comedies. It is starring Zac Efron. And as a bonus, the female character and I share the same name.

Now I have two books on my waiting list. Four, if you count the other two Hunger Games books. Where to begin. Should I see the movie first, or read the book? The movie renditions often don't do the novels justice, maybe I should leave reading second?


5 comments:

  1. So, I totally recommend the Hunger Games. I honestly strongly dislike reading with a passion. However, I seem to find myself always wanting to read this book in my spare time. Weird, eh? In other words, GET ON IT GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading both those books if you want to borrow one or the other! id definitely recommend the hunger games over the lucky one though since it's a very stereotypical love story like every one of his books. that being said i enjoyed it :P but yeah, hunger games for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, Morgan! If no one else is in line, and you don't mind me having it for a while, I'd love to borrow it. I'm sure the library has a waiting list as log as my arm... and I have long arms. :)

      Delete
  3. Im with Criz on this one. Ive never ever been a reader but I picked up The Hunger Games and then I couldnt put it down. I went out and bought the box set and Im now reading the third book. The Hunger Games is an awesome book and I definitely recommend it. The Lucky One is also a book I would like to read and a movie I need to see. I haven't decided if i want to read or watch first. Ill probably end up seeing it first. Maybe if you read the book, you could let me know how it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be posting about it, if I pick it up in the library! I for sure want to look into The Hunger Games. I hear nothing but good reviews about it!

      Delete