Monday, February 27, 2012

Reading and Writing Reflection #2


Reading Reflection

As I continue to read further into Night, I am still astounded by how much Elie loves his father.  The camp has changed him in many ways, but he never leaves his father’s side. I cannot relate to the amount of courage he has to move forward, I am far too timid. Bravery is a common trait in this book, as well as optimism, something I am lacking when in bad situations. I have also commented a few times about losing his faith in God, which I can definitely understand his reasoning for, but if he believed in God once (or still does), he needs Him now more than ever! I also can’t believe the different kinds of hardships these people go through, and that these things really did happen. The imagery is haunting, but I can’t stop reading. 

I had one question written for the portion of the novel that I read, and that was: What is Rosh Hashana? So I looked it up on good old Wikipedia, and it turns out it is the Jewish New Year! I had no idea that it what a holiday, it sounded more like a name to me. I also had another question that I do not have the answer to. Where are Elie’s mother and sisters? Are they still alive? Maybe the answer will come before the end of the book. My prediction is that they died not long before entering the camp, and Elie and his father did not know it. We'll see!

Writing Reflection

I enjoyed writing the six word memoirs! They were short, and easy to write. The only thing is, they don’t tell your whole story, they are just a piece of it. That being said, it was difficult to choose which one to use for my final memoir! I wrote so many on a whole bunch of topics, some more casual, some more serious, so it was a challenge choosing just one. 

I am still loving blogging. I can do my homework anywhere! At the library, at school, on my iPod, or on my desktop. I like not dragging notebooks around everywhere with me. The hardest part of this blogging thing is still personal additions. I don’t really get what their about, and since I am not in tune with literature and things of the like, I feel like I have nothing to write about. My blogging goal is to get on it, and create some personal additions!

1 comment:

  1. "The camp has changed him in many ways, but he never leaves his father’s side"

    - In what ways has he changed? Is it positive change, or negative change? What causes him to change? What does the change show about him as a person?

    "hardest part of this blogging thing is still personal additions. I don’t really get what their about, and since I am not in tune with literature and things of the like, I feel like I have nothing to write about."

    You can add anything as a personal addition. The easiest thing is to add what you have a passion for (e.g. your super cute new puppy,your hobbies, the types of things you like to Google when you have the free time). Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete