Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reading and Writing Reflection #6

Reading Reflection
Book: The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Author: Mitch Albom
Pages Read: 142-164

I should be honest, I have not made a single post-it note in this book. It's a lose-lose for me, I don't like constantly stopping and tearing off a piece of post-it, but when Monday comes along, I can't remember what I was thinking when I was reading on Friday. I do know, however, that I stand by what I mentioned last reflection; that this novel does not hold my attention the way Tuesdays With Morrie did. It doesn't have the same charm, it isn't as sentimental or charming as TFPYMIH. I will continue reading though, as I am very curious as to how it will end. Eddie is already in Heaven... isn't that the end right there?

One part of the novel, that I read last class, was very sweet though. Eddie meets his wife again, as a young woman, and he says she is more beautiful than he remembers. I haven't gotten as far as what she will teach him though.  I hope he gets to stay with her forever :) 

I have so many books on my To Read list. The Lucky One (Nicholas Sparks), The Hunger Games (series, Suzanne Collins), The Bond (Wayne Pacelle). I saw Wayne Pacelle on Ellen the other day, talking about his book, and now I am very interested. Ever since I got my puppy, I've been so in learning how animals think and learn, how we interact with them, how they affect us, etc. The book also covers the horrible crimes we commit to animals. Could be a tear-jerker!


Writing Reflection

1st Comment: http://breanne94.blogspot.ca/2012/04/reading-reflection-5.html?showComment=1334594190683#c3731988967888660797
2nd Comment: http://tricerat0ps.blogspot.ca/2012/04/personal-post-10.html?showComment=1334594685253#c8268216028475578816
3rd Comment: http://forcedtostartblogging.blogspot.ca/2012/04/personal-addition_15.html

My first comment was on my friend Breanne's blog. I commented because she is reading a series that I want to check out. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who has not yet read or watched... The Hunger Games! I really want to see what people are going so crazy for. Besides Josh Hutcherson.


My second comment was on Morgan's blog post about Cuba. How could I not comment? What an amazing trip. I absolutely love traveling, and would love to visit. I also love the experience of living in another countries' culture. Mexico was so cool, so laid back, everyone walked everywhere, was very friendly and hospitable. A great experience, and I enjoyed reading about Morgan's Cuban adventure, meeting all those local celebrities and such, swimming in an outdoor pool, which we don't get to do too often here.

I commented on Lexi's personal addition about windy days, because it made me laugh! Nothing can relate to me more. My hair is quite long, and I feel glamorous, but I'm sure I just look gross. Plus, Pocahontas is my favourite Disney movie, tied with Little Mermaid ;) Why do we care what other people think abotu us as we stroll down the street? No idea, but we all take into consideration how we look.

No comments:

Post a Comment