Monday, April 9, 2012

Reading and Writing Reflection #5

Reading Reflection

Book: The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Author: Mitch Albom
Pages Read: 1-142

This is the first post I've written about this novel, and it has been... two weeks I think, So I have read a fair amount of pages. I still don't feel like I have much to say about this book though! I thoroughly enjoyed reading Tuesdays with Morrie, by the same author, so when I saw TFPYMIH on the bookshelf, I had to pick it up. Turns out its a little slow, and I'm not fully engaged in it, but I'm well over half way done. The basic summary so far is, Eddie, an old carnival worker is killed in an accident, and now he is... meeting those five people in Heaven. It is sort of like that "the ghost of past, present, and yet to come" kind of thing. Is that a Christmas special? I'm not really understanding the significance of the people, and even Eddie doesn't remember some of them either. It will all probably be revealed by the end. I sure hope so, otherwise it wasn't really worth reading in my opinion. Also, after every chapter or so, it jumps back in time and tells you what happened on Eddie's past birthdays, in chronological order. It is confusing!

I am almost finished Dear John, which I am reading at home, and after I'm done, I'll stick to good old Nicholas Sparks and track down The Lucky One downstairs in the library. All of his stories start to resemble each other, but I can never get enough of his novels. So romantic! :)

Writing Reflection

I don't really get what the attraction to Twitter is, maybe besides staying in tune with celebrities. But I just "like" my favourite people on Facebook, and get the same news! If you have Facebook, you don't need Twitter, and vice versa. But that's just my opinion. I'm not sure what other social media I'd like to try. I have Facebook, Flickr, Pinterest, even MySpace, and now Blogger. I'm covered!

I looked up Fan Fiction on Wikipedia, and it doesn't seem like it's something I would like to write. This is a very cynical blog post today! I think it's fine if others do it, but I am so not creative enough to create a whole new story from something else. I'd rather just leave the writing to the professionals!

No comments:

Post a Comment